The things to take into consideration and the things you must know about hair
transplantation are important factors for getting a good and healthy hair.
● The transplanted hair follicles mustn’t touch the quilt, bedside or pillow, and mustn’t
get damage when going to bed or sleeping. For this reason, using a firm and small
pillow would be better for you. You can lie on the donor (giver – contributor) area, in
other words on the nape area, on your back. Because it increases the risk that the
transplantation area could come into contact with the pillow or bed, it is advised to lie
face downwards during the first week after Hair Transplantation. Moreover, wearing
open front clothes like zip sweaters, cardigan and shirt mustn’t be preferred during
the first week after Hair Transplantation; tight clothes like a singlet, turtleneck
sweater and t-shirt, mustn’t be put through the head hole, so that the transplantation
area is not damaged. In other words, in the first week after Hair Transplantation,
there shouldn’t be any contact with the transplantation area. Every possible contact
could bring damage to the transplanted hair follicle, and we could lose that hair
● During the first week after Hair Transplantation, any kind of hairdressing services,
solarium, swimming, sauna, Turkish bath and sport activities are forbidden. They
could increase the risk of infection and bring damage to the hair follicles.
● The patients have to act responsibly towards cold and the direct impacts of
daylight and mustn’t stay in too hot or cold environments during the first week after
● The area where Hair Transplantation is done, may not come into contact with water,
and mustn’t be washed during the first two days after Hair Transplantation. The first
washing has to be done after 48 hours after the operation. This will be done by your
health team or your doctor. What matters most, is to be careful in a way that it
doesn’t bring damage to the hair follicles, and not to harm while washing the hair.
● Drinking alcohol during the first week after Hair Transplantation is forbidden.
Reducing tobacco use will be better for you. Moreover, it is forbidden for you to
smoke on the day after the operation.
● After washing the hair transplantation area, the hair must be blow-dried. A towel
should absolutely not be used.
● If you need to travel after the Hair Transplantation, we advise you to lean your
head against the window or against somewhere else, and travel with a simple
inflatable pillow that will fill your nape. This will prevent the hair follicles of getting